The State of Nevada has set an aggressive schedule to expand availability of the COVID-19 vaccine to all Nevadans. Please be advised that with the expanded access of the vaccine, eligibility must be balanced with availability and demand. The majority of vaccine sites require an appointment, so please schedule accordingly.
The updated groups are eligible as follows:
- Wednesday, March 17: Faculty and staff returning to campus for the summer and fall.
- Monday, March 22: Retail pharmacies began offering vaccinations to those 16 years and older with underlying medical conditions.
- Monday, April 5: All Nevadans 16 years of age or older are eligible. Specific locations may be restricted for 18 years of age or above, please check with the location in advance.
Additional information on underlying medical conditions is available from the CDC.
Students, faculty, staff, and their families (18 years of age or older) can register at the Nevada System of Higher Education’s UNLV location. Registration dates for students and/or family members will be open on or about April 1 or 2. A few things to note in registering at the UNLV location:
- You may register for the UNLV location here.
- This registration is for first doses only. If you have had your first dose or have an appointment for your first dose at another location, please continue to that location.
- You will need to enter your NSHE/Student ID number. If you do not know your NSHE/Student ID number, type “Student” in this field.
- Family members should type “Family” in the NSHE ID field.
- Registration is for individuals who are 18 years old and older.
- You will receive a registration confirmation via email upon completing the form. To ensure you will receive the message, please add the following email address to your safe senders list: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please direct questions to Wellness@csn.edu or Patricia.Charlton@csn.edu.
The CSN North Las Vegas Campus in partnership with the City of North Las Vegas opened a Point of Distribution (POD) on March 22 and will be operating primarily Tuesday – Friday from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. (hours and days are subject to change). Registration information is available here.