Dear Faculty and Staff,
As you’re aware, CSN Day at the Legislature is fast approaching. On Monday, March 25, CSN students, faculty and staff are encouraged to participate in our state’s legislative process in Carson City. We have posted a document listing CSN’s legislative priorities for this 80th (2019) Session of the Nevada Legislature.
Faculty and staff who wish to participate in CSN Day at the Legislature are responsible for paying their own travel, lodging and food costs. However, faculty and staff need to request approval for annual leave to participate. If you’re a faculty or staff member who wishes to participate in CSN Day at the Legislature, please email Mariana Kihuen, Interim Director of Government Affairs, at Mariana.Kihuen@CSN.edu.
We want to remind you that:
- The purpose of CSN Day at the Legislature is to allow students and staff to express their personal views to legislators.
- Students and employees cannot communicate on behalf of someone else or state that they are there on behalf of CSN or the Board of Regents.
- The Board of Regents and CSN have publicized their budget requests and priorities for CSN, and employees are encouraged to express their personal support for or viewpoints about those priorities.
- Employees may express their views to individual legislators in conversations, through email or other written submissions or during public comment periods during committee hearings.
- Employees may state their occupation and employer for context when speaking to legislators, but should clarify they are stating only their personal views and experiences.
If you have any questions about CSN Day at the Legislature, please contact Mariana Kihuen, Interim Director of Government Affairs, at Mariana.Kihuen@CSN.edu or 702-651-7719.