Short films produced for CSN classes emphasize real-world skills
LAS VEGAS, May 9, 2018 – Students from the College of Southern Nevada’s Videography & Film Program received 12 Student Production Emmy Award nominations and two overall Emmy Award nominations, the Pacific Southwest National Academy of Television Arts and Sciences has announced.
News of the nominations follows a national record 14 Emmy wins in 2017 for CSN students. CSN students are required in many film and videography classes to produce a short film. The program puts a heavy emphasis on practical production skills, focusing on getting graduates into the industry.
“Our students consistently produce some of the best work in the country,” said John C. Aliano, Program Director of CSN’s Videography and Film Program. “I am extremely proud of every one of them for what they’ve accomplished.”
Students honored with the nominations are:
- Patrick Wirtz for “No Greater Odds,”Director – Non-Live (Post-Produced)
- Fernando Nava for “Remembrance,” Director – Short Form
Student Production Emmys:
- Violet Baldwin for “Icantkeepquiet,” Student Programming Short Form (Fiction/Non Fiction)
- Marquis Marasigan for “Spent,” Student Programming Short Form (Fiction/Non Fiction)
- Dontae Carter for “Paul & His Cartoon Pals,” Student Programming Long Form (Fiction/Non-Fiction)
- Elisabeth Hatzimarkos for “Just A Normal Girl,” Student Programming Public Service (PSAs)
- Gabriella Vizcarra for “Intertwine,” Student Programming Long Form (Fiction/Non-Fiction)
- Billy Ward for “Rhino Shield: South Africa,” Student Programming Long Form (Fiction/Non-Fiction), Student Craft – Photographer and Student Craft – Director.
- Raul Saldivar for “Runner,” Student Craft – Photographer.
- Marco Tavares for “Who’s OPER,” Student Craft – Editor.
- Leynyn Navarro for “Checkmate,” Student Craft – Editor.
- Ari Lowenthal & Eugenie Dufloo for “Mantis,” Student Craft Photographer.
Award winners will be announced at a ceremony June 16 in Palm Springs, Calif. For more information, visit nataspsw.org.