CSN joins our Southern Nevada community on the anniversary of that tragic night to remember the victims and their families. We will hold a vigil at 7 p.m. Tuesday, October 1, encourage a moment of silence, offer message boards on each campus, and sponsor blood drives throughout the month.
Consider Observing a Moment of Silence
Whether you are teaching, in a meeting or just walking across campus, take a moment on October 1 to reflect on the events of two years ago. If you or someone you know at CSN needs to talk with someone, we have Counseling and Psychological Services available to students and the Employee Assistance Program available for staff.
Remember With a Message
There are occasions when we have an easier time expressing our feelings in writing. If you would like to do so, visit one of our remembrance message boards set up near student government offices in the student unions on each main campus. These message boards will be available from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. September 30 and October 1 and will be transported to the North Las Vegas campus on October 1 for the 7 p.m. vigil.
Attend the Candlelight Vigil
Our campus community and the Southern Nevada community will come together at 7 p.m. October 1 on the North Las Vegas Campus for a candlelight vigil.
Help Our Community Be Better Prepared
Give the gift of life. Donate blood at one of our on-campus blood drives.
- September 11, 10:30 a.m. to 4 p.m., Charleston Campus, B Building Lobby
- September 18, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., Henderson Campus, C Building Lobby
- October 8, 10:30 a.m. to 4 p.m., Charleston Campus, Building B Lobby
- October 29, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., North Las Vegas Campus, Building E, Room 130
- November 7, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., North Las Vegas Campus, Building E, Room 130
- November 21, 10:30 a.m. to 4 p.m., Charleston Campus, Building B Lobby
- December 2, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., North Las Vegas Campus, Building E, Room 130
- December 3, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., Henderson Campus, C Building Lobby