Reflecting an overall trend of declining COVID-19 positivity rates throughout Nevada, the state has altered guidelines to allow for increased capacity in some situations, including on CSN’s campuses. Under Directive 37:
- As of February 15: Capacity limits were increased from 25 percent of the fire code to 35 percent or not greater than 100 individuals, whichever is less.
- As of March 15: Capacity limits will return to 50 percent of the fire code or not greater than 250 individuals, whichever is less.
Social distancing of at least six feet will continue, as will mandatory face coverings.
Effective February 22, we have been authorized by the Southern Nevada Health District to expand offerings of the COVID-19 vaccine appointments to NSHE faculty, staff, students and community members age 65 and older. Individuals within CSN will receive an email with registration information from the email account Patricia.Charlton@csn.edu. Should you have community members interested in receiving the vaccine through the NSHE Point of Distribution (PODs) at UNLV or the CSN Henderson Campus, we have included registration information on our Coronavirus vaccine page under General Public Information. Also a reminder to submit your questions to Wellness@csn.edu so that we can address issues and questions on a timely basis.
Provided below is information regarding eligible groups for vaccination at this time:
- Health Care Workforce (previously “Tier One”) including personnel who work in:
- Long-term care (includes residents)
- Diagnostic imaging
- Medical/dental services
- First responders (EMT/paramedics)
- People 65 and over
- Public Safety & Security
- Nevada Department of Corrections staff
- Law enforcement, public safety, and national security
- State and local emergency operations managers/staff
- Frontline Community Support
- Education (Pre-K & K-12) and childcare – public/private/charter school settings
- Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE) frontline educators, staff, and students
- Community support frontline staff (e.g., frontline workers who support food, shelter, court/legal services, social services, public utilities, and other necessities of life for groups and individuals)
- Continuity of governance (state and local)
Please note that appointments and scheduling are dependent on the availability of vaccines within our community and we appreciate your patience as we have experienced limitations in vaccine availability. While the eligible groups have expanded, please be patient as appointments may be limited. Our goal is to increase appointments as additional vaccines become available and expanded authorization for specific groups is received.
College of Southern Nevada