Dear CSN Family,
As you may know, Gov. Steve Sisolak announced several changes this week to the COVID-19 vaccination process that will allow more Nevadans to receive their vaccines. This will affect many faculty, staff and students at CSN — many of whom are now or will soon be eligible to receive the vaccine. This is exciting news for CSN and for our community.
The following groups are eligible as follows for registration:
- Wednesday, March 17: Faculty and staff returning to campus for the summer and fall.
- Monday, March 22: Retail pharmacies will begin offering vaccinations to those 16 years and older with underlying medical conditions.
- Monday, April 5: All Nevadans will be eligible at all vaccination sites.
- More information on underlying medical conditions is available from the CDC.
Students, faculty, staff, and their families are also eligible to register at the Nevada System of Higher Education’s UNLV location. A few things to note in registering at the UNLV location:
- You may register for the UNLV location here.
- This registration is for first doses only. If you have had your first dose or have an appointment for your first dose at another location, please continue to that location.
- You will need to enter your NSHE/Student ID number. If you do not know your NSHE/Student ID number, type “Student” in this field.
- Family members should type “Family” in the NSHE ID field.
- Registration is for individuals who are 18 years old and older.
- You will receive a registration confirmation via email upon completing the form. To ensure you will receive the message, please add the following email address to your safe senders list: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please direct questions to Wellness@csn.edu or Patricia.Charlton@csn.edu.
Please note that with the opening of vaccine access CSN employees will no longer be required to have an “invitation” or to provide documentation from the respective institution or an employee ID. Note also that the opening of vaccine eligibility must be balanced with availability and demand. The majority of vaccine sites require an appointment.
Lastly, I want to remind you that while the CSN Henderson Point of Distribution (POD) will be completing vaccinations on March 25, the CSN North Las Vegas Campus in partnership with the City of North Las Vegas will open a POD beginning next week. Additional information is available here.
This is a tremendous step forward for our state, our community, and our CSN family. I encourage you to take advantage of this opportunity to help ensure not only the safety of you and your family, but of our entire community.
Thank you, be safe and God bless.
College of Southern Nevada