The CSN Libraries will be launching a new discovery service– Primo— on December 18, 2017. For the past year, we have been working with UNLV University Libraries, Nevada State College Library, the Wiener-Rogers Law Library, and the Desert Research Institute Libraries to transition to this new Library services platform.
The new system will replace our current library catalog and one-search page. Primo will bring a new look to CSN Libraries single search page adding features that make it easier to navigate and locate the information you need. Some new features include:
- Discovery on-the-go from any device through an intuitive, mobile-ready user interface
- No need to remember 2 logins to view online resources and manage your library account online. The new integrated system uses the same login to view your library account to review, renew or request items online as well as view online resources from off campus.
- Integrated management of print and electronic resources allows staff to better manage library resources, patron and item records as well as course reserves.
- Cloud based system requires less maintenance.
We’re looking forward to the positive changes this new library services platform will provide for our students, faculty and staff. Please feel free to contact CSN Libraries with any questions.
- Now through January 1, 2018: Ordering and technical services freeze; no orders can be submitted, received or processed until January 2, 2018. We appreciate your patience as we work through the freeze backlog and navigate a new system.
- December 15 – 19, 2017: Fulfillment freeze; no real-time user transactions will occur at the circulation desks. Items checked out or returned will be entered into an offline system. These transactions will be loaded when we go live on December 18, 2017. Desk staff will be able to check out materials as needed during this time but will have no access to patron library card information (card numbers, currently checked out and overdue items). Any amounts owed the library that have been reported in MyCSN may continue to be paid online in MyCSN or in person at the CSN Cashier’s Office.
- December 18, 2017: The new integrated library system will be live across all libraries. Primo will replace the current library catalog and one-search.