Love to read your daily Las Vegas Review-Journal newspaper but don’t want to subscribe? You’re in luck because if you are a CSN student, faculty member, or staff member you can read entire issues online for free. The library subscribes to the RJ through our Newsbank database. You can find this database in our A-Z list of databases, under “L” for Las Vegas/Nevada News (Newsbank). In August the RJ started to offer an image format of the daily newspaper in this database. This is similar to the format that is offered on their website that you can subscribe to as an individual and access for a fee. But now you can get it free!
Once in the database:
- Type in “Review Journal” in the search box above the title list
- Choose the second listing (image)
- You can click on one of the last 5 issues at the top or click on a date in the calendar
- You’ll see page one and you can click through each page or go directly to a page
- You’ll have all the usual tools that come with CSN databases– search for an article, print, get a citation, email the article, and more!
Here is a clip from the August 15th, 2019 edition featuring the CSN Cheerleaders:
You can find other local newspapers and broadcast sources in Las Vegas/Nevada News (Newsbank) as well. If you need help with this database or any library resource, just ask a librarian!